Thermo-optical Oscillating Refraction Characterisation
Anton Paar launches TORC 5000 (Thermo-optical Oscillating Refraction Characterization), which applies decades of know-how in optical instrumentation to thermal analysis in a unique and easy way.
This revolutionary technique utilizes periodic thermal excitation and analyses the optical response to determine:
- Time-dependent processes e.g. curing, polymerization, aging
- Temperature-dependent processes e.g. glass and phase transitions
- The coefficient of thermal expansion by mathematical models
- Reaction kinetics e.g. chemical conversion
Everything on one screen
The PC-based software with an intuitive user interface is your guide from the start of your measurement to the results analysis. You can set up measurement series within seconds and get thermal analysis at the push of a button.
Vast range of samples
TORC 5000 is suitable for many different samples. This includes: strongly adhesive substances or samples undergoing phase transitions. Flexible sample volume from a few μl up to 2 mL.
Brochures and links
- Anton Paar TORC 5000 [pdf]
- Glass transition temperature Tg of polymers Application Report on request
Contact us for more information