Electrochemiluminescence (also called electrogenerated chemiluminescence and abbreviated ECL) involves the generation of species at electrode surfaces that then undergo electron-transfer reactions to form excited states that emit light.
Metrohm DropSens ElectroChemiLuminescence is an useful equipments for combined electrochemical and electrochemiluminescence analysis to be used with our screen-printed electrodes.
Key features of Instrument
- µStat ECL is a portable BiPotentiostat/Galvanostat combined with a specific Electrochemiluminescence (ECL) Cell that performs ELECTROCHEMILUMINESCENCE studies with DropSens Screen-Printed Electrodes (SPEs).
- A BiPotentiostat/Galvanostat (± 4 V DC potential range, ± 40 mA maximum measurable current) and a Si-Photodiode integrated in the ECL Cell (Spectral response range: 340 – 1100nm) are combined for the first time in the market for offering simple, compact and portable solution in the field of ELECTROCHEMILUMINESCENCE to be used with SPEs.
- The equipment can also be used independently as a Bipotentiostat/Galvanostat (EC mode) with all the functionalities of the well-known DropSens instruments.
Metrohm DropSens ElectroChemiLuminescence instrument (STAT-ECL) is controlled by the DROPVIEW 8400 software.
Key features of DROPVIEW 8400
- Remote control of the amplification for ECL signals (with x1, x10 and x100 gain).
- Plot overlay, peak integration, smoothing, subtraction, derivative curve, baseline fitting, etc.
- Script editor for programming specific work routines.
- Real Time dual axis plot to show at same time the ECL signal and the electrochemical measurement.
- 3D plotting of curves